Tuesday, April 1, 2008

For the Record

The fact that this entry is even necessary is outrageous but somehow my previous entry drew the ire of Terese of Scarab Productions and she has since been stoking internet gossip against Averse Sefira and Watain in an attempt to make us look bad. I stand by my writing as an accurate and reasonably objective account of the event, and every effort was made to prevent the airing of dirty laundry or unfavorable portrayals of anyone involved. On the contrary, I meant the whole of the article as a positive appraisal. This was unfortunately lost on Terese due to some circumstances during the show for which she felt aggrieved and it seems that my estimation of the situation was not slanted sufficiently in her favor (i.e. I did not editorialize either way and I will not do so at this point either). I am disgusted to think that a promoter would be so unprofessional in venting these complaints on a message board aimed at teenagers rather than taking it up with the bands directly. At this point the issues in question are now mired in hearsay, gossip, and distortion of facts:

For the record we are not at odds with Cephalic Carnage and we never were. The bad exchange I described earlier was an isolated incident not even connected to our band, and as I also mentioned the issue was dropped. They kept in the spirit of competing with us and Watain, as I have since heard that they lampooned both of us on stage during their set. We take no exception to that, in part because it seems they saw the line-up situation for what it was and answered to it in their own fashion. People love conflict, and while I know it would be more exciting to think that we are now arch-enemies this is simply not the case.

This is the only time I will ever use this space for rebuttals or clarifications but when we and our friends are facing slander that is in part based on something that was featured in these pages, I think it is only appropriate to keep a response close to the source.